Venturex is developing its Sulphur Springs Project, located 144km south of Port Hedland.
The project includes the development of Kangaroos Caves Resource plus 27km of prospective tenements, working with its partner Blackrock Metals to optimise the Sulphur Springs Project have it shovel ready to take advantage of forecast improvements in base metal prices.
Venturex has purchased the Spinifex Ridge camp from Young Australian Mines, which means essential steps towards the development of Sulphur Springs, where the Definitive Feasibility Study is well advanced.
They plan to develop and open pit to mine the top portion of the orebody.
1.5 Mtpa underground mine (accessed via a portal within the pit) to mine the remainder of the orebody.
This will include:
• Construct a 1.5 Mtpa conventional processing plant which will produce separate copper and zinc concentrates for sale.
• Store tailings in a ‘valley fill’ Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) with a combined High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) and compacted low permeability sub-base liner.
• Construct a copper heap leach facility within the same valley storage area as the TSF. The heap leach pad design included a combined HDPE and compacted low permeability sub-base liner. The HDPE liner will be welded to the TSF liner to form a continuous liner under the entire heap leach / TSF facility area.
• Construct a copper Solvent Extraction & Electrowinning Plant (SX-EW) adjacent to the processing plant.
• Construct a permanent waste rock dump (WRD).
• Construct internal roads, material stockpiles, surface water management, accommodation village and power station.
The camp is currently located approximately 90km by road from Sulphur Springs.