An international and local JV is seeking to build a 300 MW PV solar farm project just outside Gladstone with the DA already filed with the local council.
The project principal for Rodd’s Bay Solar Farm is a joint venture company Renew Estate Pty Ltd (RE) – teaming together German-based Wirsol Company with local firm Beast Solutions.
RE has applied for a DA for material change of use through the Gladstone Regional Council.
The site proposed lies in Rodds Bay, one hour south of the regional city centre known as the coal centre of Queensland. The site was targeted due to the area’s heavy infrastructure in place in an effort to respond to the region’s ageing coal-fired assets in favour of renewable energy.
The project’s current timeline dates construction to begin mid 2018 and be in operation by early 2019.
Suppliers can register their interest in the project via the company’s web link HERE
RE has detailed work opportunities for the two projects:
- Labour hire:
- tracker assembly,
- plant and machine operators,
- cleaning services,
- general labourers.
- Food and Accommodation
- Local vehicle hire,
- 4×4 utes and more.
- Fuel and water supply:
- Diesel supply for plant,
- potable water for site facilities,
- grey water for dust suppression.
- Site facilities:
- Site offices,
- office furniture and equipment,
- water tanks and more.
- Security services:
- Temporary lighting,
- security guards and
- Engineering and environmental services
- Environmental services
- Plant and equipment hire:
- forklifts and more.
- Fencing supply and installation:
- Perimeter site fencing and
- access gates.
- Landscaping and rehabilitation services:
- Site screening,
- reseeding and
- rehabilitation post-construction.
- Waste removal and recycling
- Material supply:
- electrical and structural supplies,
- safety equipment,
- quarry materials.
- Site investigation and testing services
- Civil works:
- Roads and tracks,
- spoil removal,
- site clearing,